Area Jams & Events

1. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Just thought I'd start a place to list area jams and special events.
  2. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    As a start, Tim O'Brien is at The Barns at Wolftrap tonight at 7:30. Would love to know if anyone else is going!
  3. auteq
    auteq
    Can't go to TO but

DCBU picnic
    WHEN: SUNDAY MAY 3, 2009, 1PM TO 6PM. Rain or shine.
    WHERE: Cherry Hill Park, Falls Church, VA (312 Park Ave, 22046)
  4. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Bluegrass jam first Thursday of each month starting April 2 at 6:00 p.m. This is not a sponsored jam though some loose association may arise from it. Location: State Forest at Route 29 and University, Gainesville, VA. All ages and levels welcome.

State Forest
    Rt. 29 & University
    Gainesville, VA, 20155
  5. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Kingstowne Acoustic Music sponsors Bluegrass Jams on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. 1-5pm at Kingstowne Acoustic Music. 5830 Kingstowne Center #110 Alexandria, VA 22315 for more information visit www.kingstowneacousticmusic.com or call (703) 822-9090
  6. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Bluegrass and Old Time Music

Every Second and Fourth Sunday of the month

2:00 to 6:00 PM

Lyon Community Park
    Arlington, Virginia

www.caboma.org
  7. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Mondays

DC Bluegrass Union VFW Bluegrass Jam (1st & 3rd)
    7:00-10:00 PM
    Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 350
    6420 Orchard Ave., Takoma Park, MD
    The VFW Post is at the corner of Orchard Ave. and 4th Ave.
    Just a few blocks from the intersection of New Hampshire Ave. and Eastern Ave.
  8. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Tuesdays

Open Jam Session (last Tuesdays)
    7:00PM - 10:00PM
    Appalachian Bluegrass Shoppe
    643 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD
    Information and Directions: 410-744-1144

Loudon Bluegrass Association Jam
    7:00PM
    Morningside House
    316 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg, VA
    Information and Directions: 703-777-2777
  9. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Wednesdays

Laurel Phelps Center Jam (1st & 3rd Wednesday)
    7:00-10:00PM
    Phelps Senior Center
    701 Montgomery Ave, Laurel, MD

Arcadia Bluegrass Jam
    7:00-10:00PM
    Arcadia Fire Co. Hall
    5415 Arcadia Ave, Upperco, MD
    Inside the Activites Bldg at 16020 Carnival Ave off Arcadia Ave
    email: arcadiabluegrass@comcast.net

Bluegrass Open Mike
    7:00PM - 9:00PM
    Fireflies Restaurant
    1501 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA
  10. Steve K
    Steve K
    www.dcbu.org has a list of jams, including

Bargain Barn Bluegrass Jam (1st Friday)
    The Hughesville Habitat Restore at the Bargain Barn
    Hughesville, MD
    Time: 7:00-10:00PM
    Contact: Bill Adams, 301-848-1864 cell / Email: hpytrls@comcast.net

There is also one, not listed at the site, every Friday in Upper Marlboro, MD in a guy's barn. This is essentially the old Goode Deale Bluegrasse Shoppe jam, relocated.
  11. DryBones
    DryBones
    that jam in Gainesville at Conway Robinson State Forest? parking lot?
  12. Rob Powell
    Rob Powell
    Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival started yesterday 5/14/09. I'm headed up for the day on Saturday to visit with some friends already there.
  13. Alex Orr
    Alex Orr
    Anyone ever make it out to "second sunday" jam at the 8x10 Club in Baltimore? I saw it listed on the DCBU jams page and was wondering if it was any good. The thing is just enough of a hike for me that I don't want to make the drive if it's a consistently weak turnout.
  14. JeffD
    JeffD
    I have been to the jam at Lyons Park and the one at Kingstowne Accoustic Music. Good time.
  15. JeffD
    JeffD
    Anyone have any information about the jam or contra-dance at Glen Echo?
  16. cutterflys
    cutterflys
    Hi All
    Newbie here from Baltimore area.

Third Saturday of each month 6pm til 10pm
    Middle River Community Center (across from Victory Villa Shopping Center)
    Corner of Martin Blvd (rt 700) and Compass Rd
    Middle River, MD 21220

bluegrass jams - open mic - receptive audience - good parking
  17. albeham
    albeham
    Anything going on?

AL
  18. albeham
    albeham
    The WNGJ (Wednesday Night Garage Jammers) will hold their 4th Annual "Mostly Bluegrass" Marathon Jam on Saturday Feb 23rd 2013, from noon till midnight, at the American Legion Post 276 , 8068 Quarterfield Rd, Severn MD 21144. This is a 12 hour marathon jam session to benefit Fisher House Foundation.
    This Jam Session will be held simultaneously with several other cities across the US. This is the 10th year for the Marathon Jam and the 4th year for Baltimore. The Baltimore Marathon Jam has raised over $50,000 in it's 3 years of existence for Fisher House. Other musicians (especially active military) are welcome to come sit in with the jam for as long as they like (acoustic instruments only please). The public is also invited to come and enjoy the music. Free admission. Come stay an hour .. or two .. or ten. You'll hear some great music and it will help us raise money for a great cause.

We would like your support in posting this, spreading the word.

I am one of several Vets that play in these Jams for the Fisher House. Being a been there, done that guy, I wanted to share this with you all so the troops know we care.

For additional info call or email me, or Neil at 443-875-8797 or email mdjam4fisherhouse@comcast.net

Thank you,

AL
  19. davidtoc
    davidtoc
    Just a reminder about the monthly bluegrass Jam in the DuPont Circle neighborhood tomorrow. It's the first Sunday of every month, held at the O Street Mansion (2020 O St. NW) from 11am-2pm. It's very friendly for beginners as well as for experienced players. Hope to see you there tomorrow. I'll be taking my mandolin and my banjo.

Check out the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/336689429698744/

dave
  20. caradoxical
    caradoxical
    Does anyone have recommendations for a good jam where a beginning mandolinist can watch, learn, and maybe play a bit too?
  21. albeham
    albeham
    Anything new going on?
  22. belorsch
    belorsch
    Apparently just crickets in the D.C. Area. Hey albeham, will they have that benefits concert again this year for Fisher house? I live in western md but maybe Hagerstown or Frederick does something for it.