Mountain Biking Mando Cafers?

1. jasona
    jasona
    Hi all,

Not been playing my mandolin a lot of late--work and life pressures leave me little of the mental or emotional space necessary for playing unfortunately. But I've been keeping up the mindless physical side this year having taken up mountain biking. Living so close to the Rockies and not skiing seems sort of a wasted opportunity. I'm still building up the cardio stamina and necessary strength for these high altitude, low air climbs, but its coming along.

Glad to see this group. I know nothing about road biking, other than the drama behind the scenes can sometimes be more explosive than the action in the race.
  2. craigmurray
    craigmurray
    Hello Jason A!
    It has been a while.
    Glad to see you have taken to the bike. I raced my bike (on the road) as a kid, gave it up when I went away to University, and have only in the last 3 years gotten back into it. It has been life changing for me.
    Although I am not a Mountain Biker, I do often join in the Peterborough Cycling Club's moutain bike ride in the fall on my cyclocross bike. Not always an easy task... but real men don't need suspensions on their bikes (joking of course)!
    Hope all is well with you.
    Craig
  3. jasona
    jasona
    Hi Craig! Nice to hear from you again! Just did a 38k ride over August Long from Canmore Nordic Centre to Banff Village and back over rooty and rocky single track, and boy, was I begging for some rear suspension by the end! I also bent a chain link and roached my entire drive train; hopefully my bike will be out of the shop tomorrow.

Hows Pen?