Punch Brothers in Northern Michigan mid-July

1. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Oh man, I just saw that Punch Brothers are performing in Bayview tonight (7/15). That would be such an nice intimate venue in a beautiful setting. Can anyone give us a report? I'm catching them Saturday night at Interlochen. Anyone else going? Should be a fine concert.
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Saw Punch Bros at Interlochen last night. They put on a very lively performance much to the crowd's delight. Still, half the seats were empty - what a shame! I enjoyed the new Antifogmatic tunes (purchased the deluxe CD and had the band autograph it), but I must say IMHO that the instrumental numbers (Disk 2) are my favorites. I'm not a big fan of Thile's singing, but a huge fan of his playing.

Each one of those guys reeks of talent on their own instrument. Thile was very animated as usual, played over the top as usual, and was charming as usual. I thought Gabe's fiddle playing sounded better than usual - really soulful. It was the first time I had seen Paul Kowert. Very nice addition to the group. He bowed his bass quite a bit (a la Edgar Meyer) which added a delicious nuance to Punch's sound. What a great concert.