37 days

1. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    37 days 'til the festival starts. Of course some lucky folks will be lining up for land rush as soon as the last week in Aug. I'm really looking foreward to several things this year.
    I finally have a camper, so I can pick all night and sleep all day. Old time in the Morning at Carp camp should be great for learning new tunes and wailing on old ones. Sierra Hull will have her band onstage (one day only) and she can rip. Meeting old friends and making new ones, joy joy joy. Downside; Someone obviously goofed. David Munnelly Band is not appearing. As far as performance, this (and the Wilders) is the heat. Nice folks, and they get around the campground and jam, too. I am loath to attemt to jam my camper into the throng in the campground, so I'm hauling her over to Oxford. The fees are a bit less, but the drive to Winfield is 9 miles, and I'll have to park in the East 40 and hoof it. A few Cafe members sit down front during the mandolin competition and do unofficial scoring, which is a lot of fun, AND you get to hear some of the best pickers in the world. Can you tell that I'm excited?
  2. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    21 days, now, and less than 2 weeks 'til I haul the camper over. You hear that echo? Talkin' to myself again. Can mortal flesh bear such torment?
  3. Coy Wylie
    Coy Wylie
    We camped at Oxford the year of the great flood and had a fine time. The mayor came down and hung out at our camp one night. They are really nice folks. However, the drive to the festival and the parking is a real hassle. We moved back to the north forty last year and expect to be in the same place again.
  4. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    I'm waffling. Now, as it gets closer,I think I'll get in line a couple of days before land rush and camp at the fairgrounds. All that fuel and walking from day parking, just too much. I'll have on a red cafe hat, Coy. Stop me and say "Hi" when we run into each other.
  5. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    Mike Black has started a Facebook page for Carp Campers. Many of the persons being added are only associated with Carp in a peripheral manner (me, for one) but it gets alot more action than this dead duck of a social group. So, more news and conversation can be got over there. For my part, I'll be in Winfield on the 27th of August and staying through to the bitter end. Look for the Streamline camper in my avatar, stop by and play some old-time tunes. Bring Irish whiskey, preferably Black Bush.
  6. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    The sound of one hand clapping.
  7. Michael Weaver
    Michael Weaver
    I'll clap with you. I can't wait to get down there this year. I need it!