Attachments in the Social Groups

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    It looks like if you want to attach an image or an MP3 file (or any other file) that you have on your computer, to a social group message, you may have to use this workaround.

On one of the regular message boards, create your message, and use the advance option to attach an image from your computer, to that message. Then post it. Then, go to the social group, and create your discussion, and link to the post on the regular message board.

The way to link that looks cool, is to type what you want it to say (ie, here's a link to my MP3), then highlight that text. Then, click the icon above the message panel that has the earth & a chain link (insert link). A box will open, and in that box, paste the URL of the message in the regular message forum, and click OK. You can preview your message, to make sure it works.

Here's an example! That link will take you to the discussion of how mandopete figured out the work-around.

Barb
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    And here's another link

That will take you to the discussion on the flatiron group, where they have linked to their mp3's.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    There's another work around, for posting images. They have to be hosted somewhere; I use www.photobucket.com. You can upload your images there (I have scanned notation & TAB, saved it as a jpg file, then uploaded to my photobucket account.) Then, you can imbed it into your discussion on the social group.
  4. mark sinkoff
    mark sinkoff

wahoo I did it! Not sure how to minimize the size of the image but I`m working on it.
    This is the headstock design of my mowry f5 which I used on my attempt to play the irish washerwoman.

mark
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    awesome~
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OldSausage posted this in another thread, on how to get your mp3's on here:

If you create a blog here on Mandolin Cafe, you can post MP3s on your blog, and link to them from your posts here. Here's a link to the blogs page (you can also find it on the Quick Links menu above) where you should be able to set it up:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/blog.php
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    When I tried before, to embed an image that was hosted here on the cafe in our own albums, I was unsuccessful, but elsewhere, someone has done it, so I'm going to try again.

Ok, it didn't work the first time... I opened up the image, just 'copied' (using the highlight & control + C) the url and used the 'insert image'. Nothing showed up in the message.

The 2nd time, which did work, I went to my album here on the cafe, I clicked on the image I wanted to insert, I right clicked on the image and chose 'copy image location'. Then, in this message, I clicked the icon for 'insert image' and pasted the copied url (which seemed to be exactly the same as the first time through) and it worked!

The only real downside that I see, is that there is a limit to the number of photos you can have in your albums, but I don't know if it's just a limit in each album, and you can have as many albums as you want, or, if the limit (I think it's 100) of a total number of pictures... does anyone know?

So, I play in the band, the Flatland Ramblers, and this is an ad for a gig we've got coming up!
  8. DavidHowell
    DavidHowell
    That headstock is beautiful