Let's see those Summits!

1. Mike Black
    Mike Black
    What do you got? What number?

I have an A-200C blackface #30 and a F-200C (prototype to the Artist series) #33-7 (thirty-third mandolin / seventh F style).
  2. Joe Pickett
    Joe Pickett
    I have summit #20 F-200S -01 (1st F style)
    signed 9/1/93
    I'll post some pictures soon
  3. Paul Haley
    Paul Haley
    Summit Artist #358
  4. Mike Black
    Mike Black
    Paul, you Summit looks awesome. I was starting to think that Paul was losing his touch with his sunbursts, but I've just been proven wrong.
  5. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Mine is an F-100-S, #78, dated 2/96
  6. Dan_dolin
    Dan_dolin
    My Artist is #313 and dated 7-05.
  7. JP Tausig
    JP Tausig
    Just joined and I'm glad I found the group!

Summits??

Have three of them.

F 1994 #42 - first Artist Model ever made. 42nd F
    1994 A-100.
    F 2000 -- Jessie McReynolds Model #2.

No pics yet but will try to get them online when I can.

Great sounding instruments and I play them a LOT.
  8. Sid Simpson
    Sid Simpson
    New owner of A110C #154, dated 9/99, Very happy and playing up a storm!
  9. Brad Maestas
    Brad Maestas
    Well what do ya know? A Summit group?! Nice!

Looks like there are some real nice ones here. Kudos JP on your Artist #1!

I own an Artist #132 dated 2-99. This one has tone bars. I got it in 2000 and it's been my constant companion. I swear it is still opening up and maturing! I just put an Allen tailpiece on it and I feel it opened up the sound even further. Now it's got a real nice smooth, airy sound with lots of fundamental and plenty of midrange and treble, too. I have played LOTS of other mandolins since I got it and none have tempted me to give up my Summit. I'm lucky to have it!
  10. Oneida Trail
    Oneida Trail
    I have just purchased a Summit Rob Badger Custom F style. I love the satin finish. Yellow vintage tone of the binding. Radius finger board and the 1 and 1/8 inch nut. It has a beautiful warm sound. Very nice chop. Loads on figured maple.
  11. Benjamin Gieseke
    Benjamin Gieseke
    Reviving this discussion.

Got this Summit F-200X (x-braced) about two years ago, serial number 133, February of 1999 (I think? I'm not at home, so the date might be off). Blond finish with black body binding, gold hardware, and a treble clef inlay on the headstock.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JE24FViSRXjbzioO2

Top is spruce, back and sides are sycamore (according to Dave's Guitars, where I got it). Recently had a fret dress and installed a Tone-Gard and it sounds amazing! I play ina community mandolin orchestra, most of my colleagues play oval hole mandolins and my wife claims she can hear it over my entire section (which I believe, because when I said, "really?" she said, "yeah, you missed the fourth note of the first song and then you seemed to settle down." which was accurate.) All in all a great player, loud and woody sounding with a lot of expressiveness, been a great main instrument these past two years! If anyone knows anything

Here's a pic of the back just for the interesting effect the sycamore has:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q2pbXUUw46h3ebPz2