Hello from Suffolk

1. devil music
    devil music
    Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the mandolin ... have been playing drums for 20+ years, and picked up the mandolin about 6months ago and am addicted!

I am really interested in seeing whats out there as far as local jams, shows, places to meet people, get involved, and learn more. I know from playing the drums the quickest way to get good is play, play, play.

Any info would be wonderful.

Keith.
  2. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    Hey, sorry for the slow response. I've been upstate on business myself. There are a bunch of members but no one seems to be too active. Congrats on playing mandolin, what kind of music do you play? like? want to learn?
  3. devil music
    devil music
    Hi. I have played everything on the drums ... metal(back in the day), pop, jazz, and snare in a bagpipe band. I am getting into celtic music on the mandolin just because it seems accessable, and familar, perhaps due to me playing in a bagpipe band. There also seems to be a lot of stuff to learn via youtube and tabs here at the cafe in the irish genre. I would love to check out some bluegrass stuff, and jazzier tunes, but I don't quite know where to look.