Comando Gathering

1. gonzograss
    gonzograss
    I'm excited to be going to the NC Comando Gathering this Friday and Saturday.
    Never been, and am just tickled. If anyone from this area wants to drive down on Friday morning 5/15 and come back Sunday 5/17, I'd be happy to offer to rideshare. I'll even do the driving. My son lives in Winston Salem, which is about an hour from where the gathering is. So my plan is to sleep at his house Fri. and Sat. nights rather than camping. He's going too (pretty good bass player). You'd be welcome to sleep at his house both nights if you didn't want to camp.
    Sorry I wasn't able to provide a little more notice, but let me know if you're interested. cell: 804-695-7150
    ~~Joe Hannabach
  2. jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia
    Joe I realize you probably won't read this until you get back but I know Shaun was telling me he was going. Sounds like it's going to be very fun from his description!
  3. gonzograss
    gonzograss
    Picked w/ Shaun and a bunch of other fellows until late both Friday and Saturday nights, although it was pretty wet going off and on both days (& nights). What a beautiful spot - a long ways out. Heard some really interesting music, some great instruments (for example, 2 Heidens in attendance), and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Wish I'd gotten a few more names. Thanks to all the guys who were at the gathering. My son Joe (the bass player) and I had a blast.
    Joe H.