great CD with lots of banjo content...

1. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Just a heads up in case anyone hasn't heard Peter Carberry's CD "Traditional Irish Music from County Longford" - there is LOTS of banjo content on it, courtesy of Angelina Carberry, and I think Peter, who's normally a box player, also plays a bit of banjo on a few tunes himself. If you go to his website you can listen to some sample clips of it. What I also like about it is that, similar to the CD himself, Angelina, and John Blake did, "Memories of the Holla", it's a collection of tunes that you don't hear every day.

http://www.petercarberry.ie/
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks for that, Jill. That sounds a great CD, and that's just the samples I was listening to! Great playing of triplets, and their timing is just as you mentioned in another thread, not too fast but measured, so that the timing is not messed up. Bet you feel really homesick across the Atlantic after listening to this. I am so glad I am here in Scotland and close to the sources of this great music.
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    You're too right, John, it does make me homesick a wee bit - where I am back home (in East Galway) it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from most of the festivals that go on in the summer time, so I'm hoping to try to get back for some of them next year!
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    If you do make it back over, why not give Scotland a visit too? We could arrange a session or two I am sure and you'd be very welcome here.
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I'll definitely keep that in mind - I'd love to get over to Scotland sometime!