Really like my CT110

1. David Austin
    David Austin
    Hey fellow Rigel owners,

Just wanted to chime in. I really like my new (old stock) Rigel CT-110 that I recently got from the Fiddlers Green in Austin. It's beautifully crafted, sounds fantastic and the looks have really grown on me. I'll have to post some pictures once I "get roun 2 it."

This mando plays so easy and sounds so wonderful that I don't like putting it down!

I plugged it in yesterday to a Peavey ecoustic amp that's been sitting in the closet and it sounds real good through the amp also.

2. dcoventry
    dcoventry
    David,

I think I commented on your purchase on another thread, but congrats again.

It's good to see someone posting hear. As I get a little more free time, I'm going to make a push to get Rigel owners to come together a bit more and share info. In general, Rigels are damn fine instruments and folks seem to truly like them. My G5 is one bad ass machine! The more I play it, the more I discover just what it can do. For the first time, I really understand what a "woody bluegrass tone" is......and I don't really play bluegrass! It just came out of the instrument during a fairly funky blues jam I was doing with a buddy. It surprised everybody and sounded seriously cool.

The amplified sound is really good w/o anything, but of course I'll through a volume pedal, a wah, chorus and delay in the signal path here in a bit, just to see.

The mando is loud as all get out, too. It takes a certain amount of attention to my right hand to not get out of whack. Not in a bad way, just a "hey, pay attention" way. Folks talk about banjo killers, but I don't play with a banjo, so I don't know. However, it's EASILY louder than any flat top geetar around. Little instrument my butt!

Well, that's all for now. Stay in touch, and remember.......Grin while you pick, it throws folks off. I personally employee both Yee and Haw to maximum benefit.

dave