Enrico

1. polymerchm
    polymerchm
    Will is a terrific musician and teacher in England who posts extensively on YouTube Here is his latest, posted with his permission. The tab is on his website (see the video at YouTube).

2. llamela
    llamela
    Enrico was Thomas Hardy's favourite English tune.
  3. Eddie Sheehy
    ABC from TheSession.ORG:

X: 1
    T: Enrico
    M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    R: reel
    K: Dmaj
    A |: d2fe dcdB | ABAG F2A2 | d2f2 gfgf | e2a2 a2fe |
    d2fe dcdB | ABAG F2A2 | B2gf edec | d2f2 d2z2 :|
    |: a2ag fgfe | dedc B2B2 | g2gf efed | cdcB A2Bc |
    d2d2 cecA | d2d2 cecA | B2gf edec | d2f2 d2z2 :|
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Anyone have chord recommendations? I can figure many of them out, but struggling with some
  5. Eddie Sheehy
    There are chords with notation/tab:

http://www.mjra.net/WillFly/Enrico.pdf
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Gee, Eddie, I feel like a dummy! I even already had that downloaded! I've come up with slightly different chords.... stay tuned!
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, here's mine. My rhythm playing isn't the greatest! I'm playing melody on my Collings MT2O mandolin, and chords on my Petersen octave mandolin. I multitracked this in GarageBand, and then made the video in iMovie.

8. Eddie Sheehy
    This tune is very similar to one Mike Oldfield used to play... Can't quite put my finger on it though...
  9. polymerchm
    polymerchm
    My attempt. Take 10**6. A little reverb added.

10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice playing Barbara, and Steven too, the tune does sound very English, well done!

https://youtu.be/nl2aEIYP654

These are the notes I used with chords.
    And I learned this one straight from the notation, wasn’t sure about the tempo.

X:1
    T:Enrico
    L:1/8
    M:2/2
    K:D
    P:A
    A|"D"d2fe dcdB|ABAG F2A2|"D"d2ef "Em"gfgf|"A"e2a2 "A7"a2A2|
    "D"d2fe dcdB|ABAG F2A2|"G"B2gf "A7"edec|"D"d2d2 d2:|
    P:B
    |:fg|"F#m"a2ag fgfe|"Bm"dedc B2B2|"Em"gagf efed|"A"cdcB "A7"A2A2|
    "D"d2d2 "A"cecA|"D"d2d2 "A"cecA|"D"d2f2 "A7"edec|"D"d2d2 d2:|
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Nicely played, Simon Sunrise. It has a nice beat to it which you have mastered here well.
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Missed this one away back in 2011, so thanks for reviving it Simon. It is a very catchy wee tune and well suited to mandolin or your capoed octave. All the versions above sound really good. Eddy, if you are reading this all those years later, I think the tune of Mike Oldfield's might be his version of Portsmouth?

SImon, have you tried playing the click track through headphones or earbuds rather than hearing it in your recording - or maybe you want it as part of your mix? Great playing once again anyway!
  13. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Sounds great, Simon.
  14. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Compliment indeed John, the click track in the background is actually my foot.
    Frithjof.
  15. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds fine. Simon.