My First Lesson

1. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    I had my first lesson today and I'm extremely happy! My instructor is just wonderful - we went over the books I have and it looks like I have a good balance between chords and notes. I've got plenty to work on this week and I'm really looking forward to practicing - I think I can actually play this instrument!
  2. onawhim
    onawhim
    good to hear it went well - its an important relationship - you, your Mando and teacher. I love getting homework - helps keep me focused.
  3. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    Thanks - I'm just starting out so I'm really looking forward to seeing progress at some point. I might just video myself to have something to look back on.
  4. ColoradoKitsune
    ColoradoKitsune
    *does a happy dance for Scootergirl* it's exciting isn't it?!
  5. scootergirl62
    scootergirl62
    It is! And.....I have to be careful. She showed me the proper way to do an "f" cord, not the two finger chord in my book and I think I might be a little too aggressivly holding my fingers down because they sure did hurt after I practiced. Plus....I have to try to get all my fingers to be in the right place - not easy for an klutzy girl like me!d But fun all the same....
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Things will fall into place in good time. Patience is often the hardest thing in practice. :|

With enthusiasm, a teacher, and a good balance of home-study materials, I reckon you have the best possible start. Now enjoy the journey.