back from the dead and stronger than ever.

1. Michael Thompson
    Michael Thompson
    Hello Fellow 'The Loar' players,

I'm ashamed to admit I abandoned the group, and this whole site as a matter of fact, for several small and unimportant reasons. I guess I just fell into a slump. I had ordered a Cumberland bridge for my LM-700 several months ago, but my summer work schedule was unpredictable and exhausting and I never found the time and energy to search out a trustworthy music shop since there aren't any real close to me...until this last weekend.

I just got my mandolin back today and I must say it's much improved. I don't mean to say it NEEDED improvement, necessarily,--it didn't, really--but nonetheless it has grown new legs and is walking all over my inspiration all over again.

I think I fell out of the mood to play because I was busy and it was too much of a hassle to try to record anything in a manner satisfactory to my ear. I just got some mic stands, however, and am getting myself used to using my Rode NT1-A condenser mic that I got for my last birthday.

I tell you, I think I'm going to be making more appearances pretty soon. Recording is easy now and I'm about as satisfied as I can get without renting out a proper studio. Let's just hope I don't fall into another rut.
  2. Kentucky Lineage
    Kentucky Lineage
    Hey Michael,

Glad you are back at it again!

Mike Kitchen (Kentucky Lineage)