I just joined the club

1. Chip Booth
    Chip Booth
    I have been fooling around with a 23 snakehead TB-Jr a friend pulled out of his closet, and thought I was pretty lucky, but I quickly realized there just isn't much tone to be had there. I fell in love some years ago with a Cafe member's Vega Tubaphone, so after some research I settled on a 1920 Style M. It's in the mail, and I am pretty excited about it!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it...

2. AnneFlies
    AnneFlies
    I hope it plays as beautifully as it looks! Congratulations!
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Oh well done Chip! - I nearly bought that exact one meself - from Intermountain, right? Looks to be a real beaut and I think the Tubaphones are the business. Nice that your's has the close fitting resonator (mine doesn't).
  4. Chip Booth
    Chip Booth
    It arrived today and I am completely thrilled. The tone is very pure, the setup is perfect. Jill, it does seem to be pretty much identical to yours, and yes, this is from Intermountain. The resonator is original, but it doesn't sound very good with it on (at least from the player's perspective) so I don't foresee using it much. Now I just have to go learn some tunes!
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    It is just about identical - mine's a Style M Tubaphone as well, though I think mine is a wee bit older as it didn't have the resonator and also mine came with crummy old friction tuners, whereas yours has original Grover pancake tuners if I remember the text from the ad correctly.