Friend of the Devil

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here's one from the Left Coast and the Grateful Dead songbook. I played it all on a Gibson F2 mandolin, Morrell resophonic guitar, Simon & Patrick rhythm guitar and bass. The tracks were recorded to my Yamaha MD8 DAW and then transferred to my computer and mixed in Cubase. The final video was assembled in iMovie. Hope you enjoy my version of one of my favorite songs!

2. WillFly
    WillFly
    Well, that's a new one on me, Michael - and very sweet it is, too. Nice blend of instruments, and it's good to someone else enjoying the sophistications of iMovie! A lot of that west coast music passed me by at the time and it's nice to catch up on it.
  3. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Michael, that was just superb: playing, singing, production, everything.
  4. laura809
    laura809
    Very nice Michael! Your musicianship is fantastic as usual. I really enjoyed it. Great song choice too.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Well up to your usual very high standards, Michael. Love the double-tracked vocals and the whole balance of the song. You constantly produce such fine material. By the way, are you away from SoundCloud now?
  6. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    As a fan of the Dead I got to say I LOVE IT! Great rendition, Michael. You also have a Jerry-like quality to your voice with great emotional content. Thanks.
  7. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks everyone! And Rob, I think the little bit of a cold I have made the vocals a bit suspect, but it was my day off and there was nothing on tv...

If you'd like an mp3 of this song you can get it here (for free of course):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1xbxinv8zidsrcv
  8. Mike O'Connell
    Mike O'Connell
    Michael - You're a one man band. Very enjoyable. Thanks
  9. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Hadn't heard this one before, but I love it! I have to say that the music you generously offer for free is way better than some I've paid money for.
  10. Eddie Sheehy
    Absolutely brilliant, Michael.
  11. jdaly
    jdaly
    Michael, that was fantastic! I had nearly 50 shows in before the 90's and that arrangement was sweet! Jerry would be proud. Well done! PS. If you have any other 'dead' recordings, would love to hear them.