Roscommon

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    A reel in my favourite scale (Dorian) with three parts that are unusally short and echo each other's melody themes in a funny way. I found it hard to end this one properly (you wake up after five times round and wonder where you are), so I plugged Cup of Tea (also 3-part, incidentally, but twice as long) behind it as a bonus tune.

ABC from thesession.org:

X: 1
    T: Roscommon
    M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    R: reel
    K: Edor
    |EFGA BAGB|AFdF eFdF|EFGA BAGB|AFDE FE(3EEE|
    EFGA BAGB|AFdF eFdF|EFGA BAGB|AFDE FE E2|
    |e~B3 efge|(3fgf af bfaf|e~B3 ~g3e|fedf (3efe gf|
    e~B3 efge|(3fgf af bfaf|fgge ~f3e|dBAd BAFA|
    |~B3B BAGB|AF(3FFF DFAF|EBBA (3Bcd ec|dBAd B~E3|
    A~B3 BAGB|AF (3FFF DFAF|EBBA (3Bcd ec|dBAd B~E3|
  2. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    good stuff Bertram, enjoyed that, i had one of those fylde's myself for a while but couldn't deal with the width of the neck. been meaning to learn the cup of tea for a while now.
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Gort, the neck is indeed a bit wide, but I got so used to that I'm feeling claustrophobic on normal fretboards now.
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    ah, Roscommon, one of my favourite counties! I think I know that one by a different name though.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Yes, Jill - the usual confusion about names and versions. Many play this as Master Crowley's, there's even a #1 and #2, just so it does not get too easy. Musically, this one is re-using so many building blocks of other tunes that it sounds like a yard sale of spare parts, but that is also what makes it very easy to learn.