new Silverangels

1. jasona
    jasona
    Hi all,

Been away for a while, but in a search of the pictures forum I didn't see any new mandolins from Ken. Things just quiet on the Cafe front? Hope all is well.
  2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    This is my 2012 Silverangel, I really like the way it sounds and plays. Ken is a talented man.

3. jasona
    jasona
    Sounds great! Nice playing.
  4. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    Nice indeed, Sausage!

Incidentally, my SA has a birthday tomorrow! She's 3 and looks just like the A model you're playing!
  5. mtk
    mtk
    Posted a picture of a new Silverangel today. It is #327
  6. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Mtk, where are the pictures of your new Silver Angel posted?

Cheers

Nic
  7. mtk
    mtk
    in the group photos
  8. Mike Scott
    Mike Scott
    My, my. We don't seem to be a very active group. Just thought I would post and let you all know that in addition to my A with the myrtle back and fir top. I decided to commission Ken to build me an F. Looks like it will have an ~ 150 year old redwood top with maple back and sides. Not sure yet whether to have it distressed or not but am leaning in that direction. Once construction begins (around the first of the year) I'll keep you all posted including pics.
  9. liestman
    liestman
    Hey Mike, I am selling my distressed A on the classifieds. It is great but I have simply found that I am an oval hole guy. Anyway, I urge you to go with the distressed. Ken did an amazing job of distressing on mine. I bought it used, for the tone, and grew to really dig the distressing. I would have never picked distressing if I had ordered it, but man it is cool and so well done. And with that old, old redwood, an aged look would seem to be appropriate. Go for it!