New MD605 now in my hands!

1. nanaimo
    nanaimo
    Hello everyone. I am new to the mandolin and new, as of Jan., to this Mandolin Cafe. I am very excited about starting my journey! I want to thank everyone who provided me with information concerning different brands and styles. I could not be more satisfied with my choice. I tried out the 505 and the 605, as much as I could with no experience. Both are beautiful and with good tone. The 605 just seemed to be a better match and so here I am typing with very sore finger tips! I start lessons on Tuesday and have also been surfing the web for lesson vidioes.
  2. GDAE
    GDAE
    Congratulations...you'll love the journey you are about to start!

And lessons are a very good idea to get started on the right foot.

Enjoy!
  3. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    I have gone down the same route having worked with Kyle at the Mandoshop after doing 12 A-B comparisons with other 505s, a 605, a Weber Absaroka, and a Loar LM-600-VS. We settled on the 605E classic style mandolin which I will be getting in a week's time or so.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope that you have a good time learning to play the mandolin. It is a great instrument.

One other point I am actually purchasing a cheaper mandolin than what I have been used to getting. I have a beautiful John Liddy Mandolin - amazing workmanship and cost me an arm and a leg back in 2006. I am happier buying a mandolin for much less this time. Better musical bang for one's buck
  4. nanaimo
    nanaimo
    I have been playing for just over 2 months on my 605. My first go at the mandolin and loving every minute!