Anyone ever tried putting a pickup on a Breedlove?

1. iancohen82
    iancohen82
    I could use one, but I'm loathe to have hole drilled into my Quartz KF. Any solutions, besides buying an electric mandolin?
  2. Markus
    Markus
    Putting in a k+k?

My 2011 make had a hole already drilled, of proper size, under the tailpiece. With the bolt on necks, I bet they all do but I would confirm with them.
  3. Markus
    Markus
    Putting in a k+k?

My 2011 make had a hole already drilled, of proper size, under the tailpiece. With the bolt on necks, I bet they all do but I would confirm with them.
  4. jrobins
    jrobins
    I'm getting ready to have a K and K twin internal installed. If it is pre-drilled, I'll go with what I have from K and K. If not, I'll purchase the "vintage" end pin that can be used with this pick up. The vintage has a 3mm jack that is wired to a tail that accepts the 1/4" cable. My instructor suggested it as a way to not have to drill the instrument or enlarge any existing hole that may be there. He did this with his Collings and is happy with it. Nice thing is that if you ever want to return to the original configuration, you can place the original end pin back in place after removing the pick ups.
  5. acatasus
    acatasus
    I use a vintage DeArmond "monkey on a stick" pickup. It sounds great and does not in any way alter or damage the instrument.
  6. colorado_al