Step in Step out introduce yourself...

1. Tim Anderson
    Tim Anderson
    Hey folks, I hale from Frontenac/Pittsburg Kansas area. The popularity of bluegrass and folk music has grown in the area. I was hoping I could find others to jam with. I practiced and did a couple gigs with Osage Prairie Review, gospel/bluegrass band. Anyway got hooked on bluegrass oddly enough from listening to the Dixie Chics, I was inspired to buy a violin, then moved to a mandolin. LOVE it! Hoping to catch some shows or festivals 'round here. I think Carl Junction, MO has one coming up soon. Maybe I'll see you all there? Maybe we could join forces and start our own? Crazy thinking gets crazy results I'm game though.
  2. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    hello, my name is Wayne and I am in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada but have been down the the Ozarks about 5 time since last summer, visiting a close friend in Sparta Mo south of Springfield Mo, I started playing mandolin last Dec 15th and havent put it down since. Been to high strung on Seminole st and few other places in the Springfield area, gave Dave a pick I made out Tangua nut, not sure how he is making out with them I sent him some more nut slices to play with.. I am hoping to make down there again soon, bluegrass festival sounds nice.. played classical for a number of years so the music theory part is all good.. Wayne
  3. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    Oops classical guitar
  4. Tim Anderson
    Tim Anderson
    Hi Wayne, Thunder Bay is a bit north of here. Where ever that may be when you find yourself there. It would be cool if the mandolin cafe members could have a face to face. Highly unlikely with the expanse of territory that's covered by the group. Have a pickin' good day!
  5. WayneLetang
    WayneLetang
    always a good picking day, definitely heading back to Sparta Mo asap..mandolin will be close by for sure..just a pickin and grinnin here on the north shore of Lake Superior.. take care Tim..