Naming your Mandolin

1. JayA
    JayA
    I was just wondering who here names their Mandolin? I noticed Big Dave J in the other thread has named his Marie. I named mine Beppina, which is short for Giuseppina.

Just curious
  2. Willow
    Willow
    Dang, I hadn't thought about it until I saw your thread, but now that I have... I'm going with Elysia, short for Elysian. Hope she likes it
  3. onawhim
    onawhim
    maeve the mando for me.
  4. Tim Anderson
    Tim Anderson
    Baby
  5. jake-mando
    jake-mando
    I had to use a song title to name my little blonde mistress. " Amandolin"
  6. BIG Dave J
    BIG Dave J
    At the risk of offending someone...musical instruments have a "soul" much like boats and planes. It's only appropriate to recognize it when playing and feeling the emotion generated. Some interesting names, I'm sure there is history behind each one.
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Clarion and Madulain - both named after alluring female characters in my favourite historic novels. (The connection seemed obvious because the mandolin has such a high voice and comes from the lute family.)
  8. sean cannon
    sean cannon
    mine is also named after a character out of a book its polgara from the david eddings series a magical lady her magic can take a stressful day at work and turn it into a relaxed feeling after a few minutes
  9. justkaron
    justkaron
    hmmmmm...didn't name her but I know she's a girl....lol
  10. Wayne Bagley
    Wayne Bagley
    I will have to give this some thought.......................
  11. Kristibob
    Kristibob
    If my mandolin has a soul, it would be my father's...but I will name my mandolin for the woman who gave that soul to him. I will call her Minna...after my Grandmother..Minna Berta (Hoffman) Anderson. She came to this country from Germany to marry my Swedish Grandad, Antone Anderson, who came to this country from Sweden in 1914, to Ellis Island, aboard the Carpathia. I have his ship's manifest..to see his name there is amazing. I think my Grandmother would be pleased to lend her name to my little mandolin.
  12. Kristibob
    Kristibob
    It's me..again...lol

I have an F model coming Monday or Tuesday ( I hope)..and her name will be Minna B.

Oh..I won't be playing her for a couple of days after she gets here..as she will be being set up by someone who know's what he's doing..so they say...lol
  13. Gina Willis
    Gina Willis
    Mandella.
  14. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    I have probably owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 stringed instruments over the years (yes, I have a problem) and I have only named one of them. If you look on the top of the case for my Washburn M1SDL you will see the name 'Homer'. I bought the mandolin because I was inspired to get back into playing an oval hole by seeing and hearing Jethro Burns play his old Gibson A-5. Being the lousy mandolin player that I am, I felt it would be something of a musical sacrilege to name the mandolin 'Jethro', so I decided to name it 'Homer' because I probably play the mandolin more like Homer than Jethro.