McDonald Bouzouki

1. Eddie Sheehy
    With a scale length of 26" this instrument captures the jangliness of the '70s zouks. Made by Graham McDonald of Canberra in 1998 it's his Style 3 Bouzouki. The body is Tasmanian Blackwood - a kind of Koa - and it has a cool headstock logo of eucalyptus leaves plus an installed pickup, 1/38" at the nut, 15" lower bout. Here's a quick blast of Bean Pháidin to give you a sample of the sound...

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely instrument and your usual fine standard of playing, Eddie!
  3. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Hi Eddie,

I had a zouk made by Graham McDonald, similar to yours back in the early 2000s. Yes it has a lovely jangly sound. I found it to be easy to play but the size of it made me eventually go back to a tear drop shape like my Gallacher bouzouki.

Nice version of Bean Phaidin. Well done!
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    Thanks lads. I like the guitar shape because I can rest the instrument on my right leg which brings that long neck close to my body to alleviate the stretch on my short arms. My Dio Dinos zouk(tear drop shape) has to rest in my lap and that stretch is tough on me.
  5. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    Sounds really nice Eddie! Similar to my jack Spira I think, but with more body from the guitar shape.
  6. bouzoukiboy
    bouzoukiboy
    Good stuff Eddie. I like that Zouk. it has "That Sound"....a lot of us have looked for when playing this kind of music...Cheers Dale