mandolin org. in the u.k.

1. billkilpatrick
    in case you haven't seen this, here's a mandolin related site in the u.k. set up by dave hansen:

http://www.mandolin.org.uk/index.php
  2. David Casal
    David Casal
    they have a link to Four Hand Reel on my space, the first song that sounds its O Cavalo Azul (the blue horse) song of my land.(Galicia)
    bravo!!
    thank you for the post
  3. Susanne
    Susanne
    I posted there once but never got any replies so I took it that I wasn't very welcome. (it was a nice post. introduction and stuff)
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I have signed in there too and found it a very welcoming place. Just newly joined it and had some good responses. It is a less busy site than the Cafe is, but has a lot of good stuff on it.
  5. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    Yes, .org.uk is much quieter than the Cafe, but let's be honest, surely that's simply because more of us European Mandolin players don't spend more time on there.

It's got lots of interesting stuff there & I for one think we should all be making more of an effort to support it, if only to help raise the profile of the Mandolin & its music over here.

With Forums, as with much in life, the more you put into something, the more you get back out of it.
    Or, as they say ... what goes around, comes around!

Cheers
    Dick
  6. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    I second that Dick, Barry has done a marvellous job with the site and I think it's an under-used resource. Susi, you are always welcome there. It's format is different to the Cafe and therefore it's obvious that players come here as it is the centre of the mandolin universe, but it's there nonetheless and we should be thankful for it.
  7. M.Marmot
    M.Marmot
    i don't think i have ever signed up for that forum... though i have certainly had a good lurk around there through the threads and interviews and such, i found it to be a fair balm to have a mando site not so hot and heavy as far as bluegrass goes (tho' i do be liking me bluegrass)... i think i may have another tootle over thataway in a while to have another look
  8. Susanne
    Susanne
    I signed up some month ago but never got any response
  9. Tavy
    Tavy
    I think the basic problem is that this site is so darn good... why would you go anywhere else (don't tell Scott that though!)