Great TV programme about the tenor banjo!

1. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Someone posted all the episodes from the excellent TV programme "Ceird an Cheoil" from irish television on youtube - I'll try to embed the first clip of the episode on the tenor banjo, there's 5 clips in total to this episode. My pal Tom Cussen, banjo maker and absolute gent, features alot in it. Lots of footage filmed in his shop - made me a bit homesick!
  2. Jock
    Jock
    Thanks, I enjoyed that
  3. BigEd
    BigEd
    Very Nice... very authentic..... looking forward to my first intro to such Irish TB playing...... any suggestions for CD or other type lessons ??
    Thanx, Newbie Ed Donohue - Albany, NY
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I think Enda Scahill's banjo tutor is a great place to start - comes with 2 CD's, and the book has lots of great advice about pick grip, posture, the importance of being relaxed when playing etc. You can order it directly from Enda at his website - www.endascahill.com

As for some good tenor banjo players to listen to, I'd recommend any of the 3 CD's Angelina Carberry has done, also John Carty, Mick Moloney, Brian McGrath to name just a few. There's also LOTS of great clips of tenor banjo players over on youtube on the ShaskeenReel youtube channel - they're all videos uploaded by Tom Cussen of Clareen Banjos, all filmed in his shop in Clarinbridge, Co Galway.