Something For Those In The Williamsburg Area

1. Gerry Cassidy
    Gerry Cassidy
    MOONLIGHT & MUSIC at New Quarter Park / 1000 Lakeshead Drive, Williamsburg

New Quarter Park invites music makers to the park on five upcoming nights to share old time, blues, roots music, and more around the fire circle. Moonlight and Music evenings will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. monthly from June to September on full moon nights:

Sunday, June 7,
    Tuesday, July 7,
    Wednesday, August 5, and
    Friday, September 4.

To kick off the event, local old-time musicians with the group Orion will perform from 7 to 8 p.m. on June 7. To participate, bring your guitar, fiddle, or other acoustic instrument to the park’s fire circle. Take a turn leading a tune or join in with others. Players at all levels and in all genres are welcome. Arrive at 6 p.m. to tune and share, and then get down to serious music-making by 7 p.m. Join in the Round Robin to lead or simply follow along. Vocalists, toe-tappers, and music-loving listeners are welcome also. If weather turns inclement, the event will move to Picnic Shelter 1. The Moonlight and Music series coincides with this year’s 40th Anniversary celebrations of Neil Armstrong’s first walk on the moon. For more information, call Parks & Recreation at 757-890-3500.
  2. gonzograss
    gonzograss
    Hey, Arcopizz,
    Sounds like fun. I might try and make the July 7th one. I'll be back from Kamp and primed. Assuming that YOU're going - See you there!
    ~~Joe H
  3. gonzograss
    gonzograss
    Hey Arcopizz,
    I got there late, played along w/ a few tunes, and never hooked up w/ you. Were you there?

~~jh~~
  4. Gerry Cassidy
    Gerry Cassidy
    Hi There, Gonzo,

Glad to hear you were able to make it to one of them.

We had friends from Az in town for the holidays. Kinda filled up my schedule.

Gonna be in California visiting family for the August date, so I hope to make that last one in September. I'll be in school by then, so my hopes aren't very high!