La Spagna for mandolin a guitar

1. themelodist79
    themelodist79
    Hello everyone,

this is my arrangement for mandolin and guitar of "La Spagna" by Francesco da Milano.

Hope you enjoy!

Dario
  2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    That sounds really lovely -- really well played and well recorded! What mandolin is that? Did you use some sound processing to get that tone, or is this the acoustic tone of your mandolin?

Martin

Edit: I see from the Youtube listing that you used a Kentucky KM-300E electric mando. I have one of those, too, and I'd be interested to know how you recorded it for that tone. Any pedals or sound processing software? Direct feed to the computer or recorded from a speaker?
  3. themelodist79
    themelodist79
    Hi Martin,

thanks watching, I'm glad you liked it!

For most of my little projects I use Logic Studio (from Apple) to process the sound. The mandolin is plugged in directly using a USB audio interface that I got with the Guitar Rig software, which is also very good. The interface reduces the latency, but it's really not necessary. You get a decent sound with Logic or Guitar Rig even without the audio interface, just plugging in the mandolin directly....

All the best,

Dario
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Beautiful! I could listen to this all day. It's not easy to make arrangements like this sound nice on mandolin, but you pull it off effortlessly.
  5. themelodist79
    themelodist79
    Many thanks! I hope I'll be able to post a few more of my F. da Milano arrangements in the near future. A New Year resolution!

Dario