Share Your Model and Serial Number

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. F-2 Dave
    F-2 Dave
    MT #1792 so I guess it's still pretty fresh. Honey amber finish.
  2. mandopete
    mandopete
    Hard labor
  3. Newtdude
    Newtdude
    MT #1249, black face. I only had to play it for a minute to two to know that I had just spent all my spare money. Love it!!
  4. Douglas McMullin
    Douglas McMullin
    MT #647 - Probably a 2005.
  5. stoney
    stoney
    Hello all...new here. MF5DV #552.
  6. mandopete
    mandopete
    MF5DV? Does the "D" stand for distressed?
  7. stoney
    stoney
    Mandopete,

The D is for Deluxe, I've been told. The V is Varnish. I think it was made in 04 or 05. I'll have
    to do some research on that.
  8. mandopete
    mandopete
    Oh, I just assumed a deluxe was a varnished mandolin.
  9. Old Ebeneezer Scrooge
    Old Ebeneezer Scrooge
    Collings MF Custom w/ Blackface #1057 Signed by Bill

Awesome.

Bought in Franklin, TN at Artisan Guitars in 2009.
  10. FarewellDrifter
    FarewellDrifter
    MT2S #124. Signed by B Collings. An older one from late 2001 or early 2002.
  11. Linds
    Linds
    My 2005 MT just arrived today. I bought it on the Cafe classifieds. It's serial no. 1045, signed by Bill Collings, and it looks like it has a semi-gloss top. Satin back and sides, with a sort of tobacco sunburst (a richer brown than the new ones I've seen). Really nice flaming on the back, sides and neck, which I also haven't seen on many of the brand new ones. It's just beautiful. I've been playing on it all day!
  12. Mark Rauch
    Mark Rauch
    MF-5 No. 4 (first batch of F-5's, which I understand consisted of 1 through 5). I bought it off the Cafe ads about 6 mo. ago from a guy in Colorado. There was at least one prior owner. It is in excellent condition. All original except the Colorado owner put on Waverlys. Really a nice mandolin--like all Collings. I had also previously had an MT-2 (496 if I remember right). It was equally nice to play. Sold it on the Cafe to a guy in New Jersey.
    Mark
  13. vejup
    vejup
    Mt-2 # 45 ;-)
  14. vejup
    vejup
    I should add that I love my sunburst MT-2 (#45) to pieces, and found it through this very list ;-)))
  15. Eddie Sheehy
    I just got an MF-O - Gloss Top. Ser # 1876 - signed by Bill Collings.

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/gr...chmentid=63009
  16. nobullmando74
    nobullmando74
    MF5 with quilted maple sides and back
  17. mkuns
    mkuns
    I just got my blackface MF about 2 weeks ago from Acoustic Music Works, #1182.
  18. Russ Jordan
    Russ Jordan
    MT2 blackface #79, signed by Bill. Does #79 make it a 2001?
    Headstock inlay is a little different than more recent ones.
  19. jordandvm
    jordandvm
    MF5 - Varnish #640. Bought used from Jim Baggett at Mass. Street Music in Lawrence, KS.
  20. Phil Sussman
    Phil Sussman
    Honey Amber MT, serial # 2077, purchased new in July of 2010.
  21. frshwtrbob
    frshwtrbob
    I am the 2nd owner of an MT Gloss Top w/ serial # 1874. I'm guessing it was made late '09 or early 2010. Here's some #'s I've compiled:
    2002 #209 MT
    8/2004 #525 MT
    Late 04 #697 MT ???
    2005 #647 MT
    2005 #999 MT
    2/2006 #1019 MT2V
    2006 blonde MT #1072
    2007 #1452 MT gloss top
    2007 08 MT classifieds #1647
    2008 #1712 MT from classifieds
    2008 #1713 MT Mando Cafe classifieds
    2009 MT #1858
    My MT #1874 late '09 to early 2010?
    2010 July purchase MT # 2077
  22. dulcillini
    dulcillini
    Collings MT2 Mandola arrived. Serial # 2392. It is a gem. Great sound, surprisingly light weight and very playable. The scale length is very comfortable. Collings did their homework on this model !!
  23. Tom Sanderson
    Tom Sanderson
    #2186 MT Mandola Honey Amber Gloss Top
    #2187 MT Mandolin Honey Amber Gloss Top
  24. mando on the side
    mando on the side
    Hi all, I'm very excited that after 4 years of drooling and searching, I finally have an MF-5, #1198 (late 2011 I think). I got it at Gryphon Stringed instruments in Palo Alto, CA. Coming from an Eastman 615, and I compared it to an MF, a bunch of MT's (all are good) and an Altman #8 (which was a sweet mando, but doesn't have the power). I'm very very happy to have this instrument!

My MF-5 is powerful, but not overbearing, doesn't distort when pushed, but can be sweet and intimate when needed. It's even across and up and down the fingerboard, with clear lows and highs, and tubby mid range. It's responsive, with great sustain and much easier to play than my old Eastman. I'm sure they're all like that though!

Can't wait to open it up throughout the years! Can you tell I'm ecstatic?
  25. dulcillini
    dulcillini
    Two Collings instruments. MF5 mandolin #539 and MT2 Mandola #2392 Absolutely great instruments in every way. Love them !
  26. mfeuerst
    mfeuerst
    I have had MT # 2394 for two weeks now and am enjoying it a lot.
  27. jstout
    I just got this Collings MF # 1256, sure like it...............jstout

28. RobP
    RobP
    I just bought MT #2357. Honey Amber Gloss. Wow!
  29. vejup
    vejup
    Sunburst mt-2 #45 has a very sweet bell-like tone. I thought maybe I should sell it when I got a Poe f model but it soun too dang good! Great instrument IMHO.

~ Richard B
  30. Tom Gill
    Tom Gill
    2006 MF No 652.
  31. PeterB
    PeterB
    Mt2-o 1976.....
  32. pheffernan
    pheffernan
    2005 mt 976
  33. dreadhead
    dreadhead
    I recently bought a used Collings MT2 Black Top Serial no. 2618 from Kyle at The Mando Shop.
  34. mandolinboy95
    mandolinboy95
    Proud owner of a Sheraton Brown Gloss Top MT! I acquired it back in January and it's getting better and better every day.
  35. dulcillini
    dulcillini
    Mandolin: MF5 (blonde) #539
    Mandola: MT2 (sunburst) # 2392

Love them to death !
  36. Gary Leonard
    Gary Leonard
    MT #3195

Honey Amber, with nice maple back. Love it.

37. Russ Donahue
    Russ Donahue
    Hi Folks.

My MT is a sunburst gloss top from 2011 and is Serial number #2442. My MF is also a gloss top from somewhat more recently (the code on their website doesn't identify this period yet. It is Serial Number #1446 and has a gorgeous one-piece back.
  38. Pick&Grin
    Pick&Grin
    Hey all,

I'm the proud new owner of MTO #3080: a sunburst satin model. This is major upgrade from my Kentucky KM630, which I'd played for 16-some years. I couldn't be happier! Already sounds so sweet, and I'm looking forward to hearing it open up.
  39. Baconrinds
    Baconrinds
    Mine is an MT #3095 from Gryphon Music in Palo Alto CA. It was the best mando that I could afford. It has a gloss sunburst top, pick guard and one piece back. The tuners seem pretty cheap though. I'm considering swapping them out for Grovers when I recover from this purchase. I did the same thing on my Chinese mandolin last year and it solved a lot or problems. Other than that, I'm loving it.
  40. samlyman
    samlyman
    I guess I never posted the serial number of my Collings MT2V. It is #947 and was made in 2005.

41. Paul Statman
    Paul Statman
    I'm so excited that I'm posting the serial number while it's en route to me: # F-1429 MF5V with nickel Waverly tuners and Collings TP. New Old Stock first delivered to the dealer in MO in May of 2013.
    Roll on Wednesday *(10/26/2016)!
  42. Paul Statman
    Paul Statman
    Update: It had been languishing in a guitar store for 3.5 years. Collings have it right now, but I'll be getting it back early in the new year. Yay.
    *Bragging rights: Not only is this mando the one shown on this (mandolin cafe) site's 'we also recommend' photo in the Collings link, it's also the MF5V in the gallery photos of that model on Collings' website.
  43. Paul Statman
    Paul Statman
    Better photos than I could ever have taken!
    *The only difference now is the Bill James tailpiece and a MOP 'bell' truss rod cover.

http://www.collingsguitars.com/mandolins/mf5-v/
  44. Reid Morsi
    Reid Morsi
    I also got a James tailpiece and Waverly tuners on my Collings. Only mine is an MF (serial#1355) made in 2012. I custom ordered it from Acoustic Music Works with these upgrades. It is a beautiful Natural blonde, with an engelmann spruce top, and one piece hard maple back.
  45. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    MT, #920

46. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    2012 Gloss top Black face MTO here - #2359. Link to photos of the archived listing from the Music Emporium, way better quality then I could capture: 2012 Collings MTO
  47. nickster
    nickster
    Recently acquired 2011 MF-5 #1291. Best mandolin I've owned so far. Love the tone.https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/a...hmentid=166227
  48. Zeb Williams
    Zeb Williams
    I have a MT-2 serial number 3306 the mandolin is much better than I am a player.
  49. Russ Jordan
    Russ Jordan
    I have a different MT2 than the one I posted in 2011. For the past 1.5 years or so, I have been playing #3431, a blackface from 2015 signed by Bill Collings.
  50. SWS
    SWS
    Russ,

How many MT/MT2’s have you had over the years?

Scott
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast