Next Week's Poll (Week #7)

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I thought I'd take the tunes from this week's poll, drop Squirrel Hunters, and maybe Red Dream (got 0 votes) and Lady in the Lake (got 1 vote) and add 3 new tunes to make a total of 10 to choose from. If we are going to have a new poll each week, then this time, I'll set it up so that you can just vote once.

So, please submit some suggestions for the 3 new tunes to add to the poll for next week!

Barb
  2. Eddie Sheehy
    Carolan's Concerto
    Liberty
    Red Wing
  3. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Yes, those are all good ones. I'll propose Big Sciota, Goodbye Liza Jane, and Red Apple Rag - all ones I keep meaning to learn.
  4. billkilpatrick
    "cold frosty morning" - maybe you-all know this one already ... i don't and i could sure use a hand.

"liberty" is cool - eminently do-able.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Keep 'em coming! I'll use this list to populate future polls!
  6. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    I like these tunes - not that I necessarily play them all. I'd like to learn those I don't.

Staten Island
    Big Scioto (there's a good tab of the Sam Bush version)
    Laybourne's Hornpipe (tabbed as Pachibel's Reel)
    Brilliancy
    Leather Britches
    Baker's Breakdown (a fairly easy Monroe-style tune by Kenny Baker)

Tom
  7. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Anything I don't know is what I'm looking for. I wanna learn, not show off. But Just for the sake of input, Colonial Breakdown is a good one.

Chris
  8. Daci
    Daci
    Oh yeah,I'd go for Leather Britches,Cold Frosty Morning,Swallowtail Jig,Banosh Misfortune.
  9. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Big Sciota!!!! Really melodic, traditional, known, played...
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, I've got a question for the rest of you. We've got our official tune(s) of the week and we have a rapidly growing collection of other tunes submitted by our members. With the 'other tunes', like the official 'tune of the week', I believe that we should encourage others to submit their versions in reply.

So, if a tune has already been submitted as an 'unofficial' tune (not Tune of the Week).... how do you feel about it being later submitted as an official tune of the week? Don't you think that might be redundant? I ask, because a couple of the tunes suggested for week 7's poll, have already been submitted here to the group, as 'extra' tunes.

Thanks for everyone's continued participation!
    Barb
  11. Ken_P
    Ken_P
    I guess it would depend on the tune. If a tune has been posted before, but not a lot of people posted a video of it, and there are enough votes, I'd say we should do it. In general, though, since the goal is to learn new tunes, we should try to pick ones that haven't been done yet.