New mandolin aswell as finding new ways to have more mando fun

1. mandoleeland
    mandoleeland
    After much research, pondering for days, and collecting my thoughts. I have decided not to get the Morgan Monroe, MAS took over my brain and it almost pushed me into buying an f style for no good reason. But after fighting with myself and coming to reason, ive purchased an Epiphone mm-30vs. My reasoning follows accordingly: 1. I feel the need to get more seasoned as a mandolin player before getting flashy with a nicer mando. 2. The longer I wait, the more I can save to put towards a really great mando, the Epiphone was pretty cheap thus soothing my wallets worries. 3. The Epiphone has a solid top which is better than the full laminent one I have, its great on cost, my current mando is an Epiphone and im very pleased with its quality, every guitar ive bought was epiphone, even the les paul ukulele I got is an Epiphone, I really would like to stay with their name as it has pleased me time and time again.

Ive been playing around but catching myself growing a tad bit bored of practicing scales by myself as I do not have any jam partners. I recorded a chord progression consisting of: G walk up to D walk down to C walk up to D walk down and repeat. I looped it several times making it 5 minutes long. I play it back loud while I play lead over it. Its so much fun, I go through my G major scale all over the place and I wish I had done this sooner. I will now be making jamtracks for several keys to practice with. I encourage you to do the same, it is definatly worth it.

A music store called Red River Music in Heber Springs offers lessons for $17 each, which I will definatly be investing in. Great shop, kind faces, and plenty of knowledge. IM SO EXCITED. Finally! People to play with!
  2. Richard J
    Richard J
    I take classes every other week and absolutely love it. The store also have jam sessions everyday Wednesday evening. Playing with others who are playing guitars, mandolins, or string bass is as good as perfect. I also jam at work during lunch hour on the 1st Friday of the month, with a lady who plays a uke. It is so so fun.
  3. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Hi there mandolleland - many thanks going to try that suggestion. Also went way up the fret board tonight - making the mando sing very high. Tried a tiny rift from hearts sylvan Song and also boat on the river by sticks, practiced some four finger chords up the fret board - finger a bit tired - also practiced two songs a friend is begging me to put on drop box for him - two songs I play and sing. Sorted through some of the written music in my head - well I am so pleased you are finding your feet with that epiphone! Stick with what you know.

Kind regards

Vanilla
  4. TheBlindBard
    TheBlindBard
    that idea about the jam track- that's awesome.