Mandolin Get-together?

1. Shelagh Moore
    Shelagh Moore
    As this group has grown in number and has had a few more posts of late, I wondered what people might think of having a mandolin get-together at some mutually agreeable date and location? That was one of the ideas when first establishing this group.

Let me know what you all think!

Best wishes,

Richard
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Could be fun, Richard. Did you not come across at one time to the now-defunct sessions on the 1st of the month that we held at the Whistlefield Inn? Lets see who else responds and we may just get a wee session going.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    RIchard, seems the session idea did not quite set the grass on fire, or even cause a slight smouldering. I managed to get up to Achiltibuie in the last weekend of August and had some of the best and most enjoyable playing I have had for a long time. Went to the Summer Isles Festival and teamed up with Kevin MacLeod, Dagger Gordon, Tim Jones, Donny MacDonald and many other players. we had a super session on the Friday evening in Kevin's house at Polbain and on the Saturday afternoon we had a three-and-a-half-hour session in the Coigach Community Centre. Look over on the forum in the Celtic section for some postings from the weekend. Never heard so many resonator mandolins (and Kevin's resonator tenor) together in the one session.
    We had a blast and hope to meet up again.
  4. Shelagh Moore
    Shelagh Moore
    Sounds great John... I wish I could have been there too with my resonator! I'll try to keep this thread alive in case we can organise a session sometime.