Tailpiece woes

1. Mandofanatic
    Mandofanatic
    I have an A natural and the tailpiece has broken. Can someone tell me if Rigel is still going strong? Seems all their accessories on the site are out of stock.

OK guys, I need that tailpiece! I just love the A natural (have an A+ also). I have gotten many many comments about the "vibe" of the natural. Pete should use that flat powdery finish and look on new instruments. It's very different, but kule.

Help!

mandofanatic@comcast.net
    Richard Bailey
  2. redrigel
    redrigel
    The same thing happened on my A+O a few years back. No trauma or abuse - I just opened the case and found one pin broken off. That was back when to factory was going strong. I wrote and they sent a new one.
  3. MsRutaRutabaga
    MsRutaRutabaga
    Same problem for me--one end pin broke. It had been coming on; I could feel it every time I changed strings and then one day... I got in touch with Pete Langdell; he was helpful, and a lovely guy, and had a new tailpiece for me, but it was without the Rigel name engraved. Darn. Still, it's a small thing. I could have the engraving copied here by some craftsperson, but it's just not that big of a deal--for me anyway. Doesn't affect the sound, and my love for my Rigel A+ is unconditional. :-)