Vuci Mia Cantannu Vai

1. WillFly
    WillFly
    I was watching the Italian TV series "Il Giovane Montalbano" ("The Young Montalbano"), which is showing in the UK at the moment. I was immediately struck by the beautiful, haunting song, music composed by Andrea Guerra, sung in Sicilian by Olivia Sellerio, which runs over the closing credits. It just said "tenor guitar" to me! So, after much fumbling and trying this and that, I managed to get a reasonable take on the chords and the melody and had a crack at it. It's sung in Dm, but I've put it into Em to make the backing guitar part slightly more playable. The tune is sung just once in the films, but I've done it twice here - because I like it!

The Montalbano books are written by Andrea Camilleri - and the publisher of those books was a ground-breaking Sicilian publisher, the late Elvira Sellerio - whose daughter Olivia sings "Vuci mia cantannu via". What goes around come around...

2. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    WillFly, this melody is awesome! I would love to learn this on the mando. Is the chord progression/ tab available anywhere? I would love to take a crack at it sometime. Really enjoyed this tune along with some co-workers right at quitting time after a looooooong day! Thanks and happy pickin' to you!
  3. WillFly
    WillFly
    There's nothing published for this tune that I can find, so I worked it myself by ear. I've written out most of the tab for tenor guitar with accompanying guitar chords, but I can easily adapt it for mandolin. When I've finished writing it out, I'll message you and get your email address to send it to you. :-)
  4. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Thank you Sir!!
  5. WillFly
    WillFly
    I've created a PDF for a mandolin & guitar chords for this tune, and you can grab it here:

http://www.mjra.net/WillFly/Vuci%20M...annu%20Mai.pdf

Cheers,

Will