Anybody going to Telluride?

1. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    We're heading to Telluride Bluegrass Saturday, via a family visit in Denver, for the festival next Thursday through Sunday.

If any of y'all are around and inclined to have a beer or play some, feel free to give me a holler. We have a place at the Camels Garden with an excellent second or third floor jamming balcony overlooking the river. Usually some good pickers around, as well as some rank amateurs. (g)

I'll be the guy with the graying beard and the Mandolin Cafe cap going back and forth between the beer tent and a tarp somewhere to the left of the sound tower (from the audience) closer to the front than the walking path, if the number goddess is kind and the alarm clock goes off for whomevers turn it is to get up for pre-dawn line duty. Or you can call or text, 563-940-0508.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Have a safe trip, and a good pickin' time!
  3. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Hey Mike,

Bill Bussmann (Old Wave Mandolins) will be jamming with folks on the porch of Baked in Telluride Thurs and Friday morning at about 9. I'll be there for Elvis Costello with Mike Compton in the band on Friday. I may be at BIT on Friday morning if I can get up that early. I'm only there one day, and I'm staying a few miles out of town, but maybe we can hook up. Hope to see you there and pick the Big Sciota and the Squirrel Hunters.

Don
  4. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I'll try to make it to Baked Friday. If I miss you there, text me or something at the fest and I'll buy you a beer. (Or a soft drink.)
  5. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    A tornado nearly got us 70 miles outside of Denver. (Really!) Check out the photo. Funnel coming out of the cloud at center. I floored it and we drove past at 100 miles an hour. It was about a mile away and never touched the ground, so it wasn't officially a tornado. The mandolin is safe.

6. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Whew, glad you missed that one! I just flew back from Boston couldn't believe how turbulent both the flight out and back were - I usually expect that flying during the winter, not in June! I'm just glad to be back so that I can start messing around with the iSight camera now!
  7. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Let's see/hear some Big Sciota! : )
  8. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    ooh, that's a bit of a tall order - I'll start with a few easier ones first I think!
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Mike.... awesome photo! My grandson is infatuated with tornadoes, he would LOVE for ME to be able to take a photo like that! You be safe, now!