WHISKEY BEFORE BREAKFAST by the Saw Mt. String Band

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here's Whiskey Before Breakfast! I couldn't find a discussion of this song here at the Song A Week Social Group, but that doesn't mean it hasn't already been covered (this place is getting big). If anyone knows of a link please let us know where it is. It's the usual cast of suspects: Marcy on harmony vocals and fiddle, Jeff on upright bass, and Michael singing lead, and playing guitar, mandolin and 5 string clawhammer banjo. Note: No liquor was wasted in the production of this video!

2. dusty miller
    dusty miller
    Other tunes part 7 is where you'll find the link. Can't believe it wasn't a song of the week.
    You guys sound great! Never heard the words to that one. Well done as usual. Keep'em coming, they are all great.
  3. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    This sounds so funny! I like it a lot
  4. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks luurtie and dusty miller. Here's the link to Whiskey Before Breakfast with many fine versions from other SAW members. Thanks Dusty Miller for finding it!

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/gr...cussionid=1569
  5. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Thanks from me too, Kris and Hendrik.
    That video is great, Michael--almost as fun to watch as it was to make.
    That last thread was before my time and so entertaining to read through. What a lot of great takes on the tune. It sure starts off with a bang from Old Sausage. I really enjoyed the versions from Manfred and Eddie too. Jim has a fun one in ADAD tuning I'd like to try. Watching Martin and Bill's renditions, I was thinking we don't see enough of them around here anymore.
  6. AaronVW
    AaronVW
    Great stuff, guys! Got me to hummin' 'Lord, preserve us and protect us, we've been drinkin' whiskey 'fore breakfast..." all evening.
  7. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    That's great, as usual. I particularly like Marcy's Old Time fiddling bow strokes. Sounds very authentic.
  8. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That's very appreciated, Manfred. If there's one thing that could drive me to whiskey before breakfast, it's trying to sound halfway decent on a fiddle.
  9. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's a lot of fun guys, nice job.
  10. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    That fiddle is wonderful Marcy! no way it should be halfway decent
  11. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Thanks Hendrik, that's really encouraging to hear.