Biscuit bridges

1. citeog
    citeog
    Perhaps you fellow National RM-1ers can solve this conundrum for me:

Am I the only one who has a National with a radiused fingerboard and a flat biscuit bridge? Mine is allegedly a factory lefty (I don't have that little tail at the end of the fingerboard). Aside from that, it resembles every other one I've seen. I've had this instrument for a while now and this revelation only dawned on me recently.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Paul
  2. Ray(T)
    Ray(T)
    No, mine also has a radiussed fingerboard and a flat biscuit bridge. I suspect they're all made that way.

As for the missing "Florida", chopping it off would seem to be the neatest way to turn a righty into a lefty without it looking strange - assuming they've continued the binding right round. This has enabled them to use a standard, off the peg, fretboard rather than having to manufacture a special one for left handers.
  3. Shelagh Moore
    Shelagh Moore
    Mine had a flat biscuit bridge when I got it but I've since shaped it to match the radiussed fingerboard as part of setting it up to my preferences. Perhaps National supply them this way with subsequent setup in mind?
  4. citeog
    citeog
    Thanks, Ray and Richard.

I can't for the life of me imagine why National would do this but I'll just add it to the list of anomalies associated with my National mando.

Paul