Welcome! Stop by and say, "Hello."

1. Daniel Nestlerode
    Daniel Nestlerode
    Hi folks,
    Since mandolin is so popular in our area, I thought we should see if a group for our region would be useful.

My name is Daniel, I'll be your host. I live in Modesto and work in Sonora. I've jammed and gigged through much of the area from Sonora to Turlock. As you can see from my avatar, I play a Gary Vessel mandolin. But I play my trusty Vessel F5 more often than that Fender mandocaster.

Daniel
  2. KSpez
    KSpez
    Hello...my name is Kevin....I live and work in the Sacramento area...new to the mando...matter of fact, my 1st mando is scheduled to arrive today ....been wanting to learn the mando since I was a kid...but got side tracked with the guitar... Im sure I will have lots of questions....
  3. johnwalser
    johnwalser
    Howdy from the Mountains. I'm heading over to Parkfield next week for a bluegrass festival. Anyone else going?

John
  4. Daniel Nestlerode
    Daniel Nestlerode
    Welcome one and all!
    http://www.parkfieldbluegrass.com/

I won't be there John, I have to work. BUt have a great time and let us know how it was.

Kevin, If you can make it to the saturday jam (see the other thread), I'd be happy to give you a few pointers to get you started.

Daniel
  5. johnwalser
    johnwalser
    Parkfield was a Blast!!! I expected less than Huck Finn or Grass Valley. I was wrong!! Wonderful entertainment and made some great new friends. Our group was joined by several surrounding camp sites for a jam every night at seven We did ALL the traditional bluegrass tunes like "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Pretty Woman". We did have a lot of Fun.

John