What strings are you using?

1. bodatcha
    bodatcha
    I just replaced the J62's (0.010 - 0.034) on my Eastman 804 with Elixir Nanoweb mediums (0.011 to 0.040). Had to tweak the truss rod a little, but I'm liking the extra volume and hum the heavier strings seem to give my mando. The "E" string seems maybe a little thin by comparison to the others now.

What strings have you all settled on and why?
  2. Eddie Sheehy
    I use TI 154 Stark on my DGM1 and TI 164 Mittals on my DGM3
  3. bodatcha
    bodatcha
    Wow...over in the UK we don't really see those...what makes you choose them Eddie?
  4. Groundcoat
    Groundcoat
    I just replaced an aged set of DR Rare mediums with a set of Curt Mangan mediums. Of the two, I think I like the DR Rare strings better. I know that string selection is very subjective and it's difficult to make broad generalizations.
  5. Groundcoat
    Groundcoat
    It's late August and I'm long over due to change out the Curt Mangan strings I installed back in May. They sounded ok for a longer time than expected but right from the beginning, I had trouble keeping the A strings in tune. I'm now getting ready to install a set of Black Diamond N774 Phosphor Bronze mediums. We'll see how that goes and I'll let you know.
  6. Groundcoat
    Groundcoat
    I didn't like the Black Diamond strings because they went dead quickly. Next up is a set of GHS medium lights.
  7. Roger Moss
    Roger Moss
    I favor light strings so, not being an individualist, I use D'Addario EJ-73's.