Week #256 ~ Foggy Mountain Special

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This week's winner is Foggy Mountain Special, which was submitted as a Bluegrass Tune. I'm not familiar with it.... if any of ya'll are, please add some more to what I find!

I can't readily find notation or tab.... can anyone help me?
  2. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here's Evan Marshall and Scott Gates playing the Foggy Mountain Special.

... and Sierra Hull & Highway 111.

3. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
  4. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Mandozine has 4 versions
  5. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    I always meant to learn how to play this song. It's just a 12 bar blues and I've played it for many years when the banjo player asked to do it. It wasn't until this week that I actually figured out the melody – go figure! (Oh, there was going to be video showing me playing the mandolin, however, my video skills are sadly lacking this week... unless you want a long video of a microphone that is!) I played all the instruments on this one too.

6. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Outstanding, Michael.
  7. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That's so cool, Michael. Your guitar and mandolin interact in such a fun way, it's hard to imagine this being played in separate tracks. The melody reminds me a little of Heavy Traffic Ahead.
  8. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    PRIMO!!!!
  9. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Oh, so good!! The man's got the blues down!!
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Well up there with your usual superb performances!
  11. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Very nice Micheal. This is the best version I've heard. Anywhere.
  12. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Here is quick version of this tune. I threw this together in between trips for the boys spring break. I wish I could get together with Mr. Pastucha on this one. He simply ate this tune up!!

13. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Now that's the real deal right there. Great mandolin and even greater pickin'.
  14. Obiwan
    Obiwan
    awesome job michael and sasquatch you guys both help me a lot on my journey with the mandolin i learn a lot buy listening and watching the. here is my go just stole a bunch of licks from a couple other youtubers. i did jus pick up this gibson A9 from here good song to try it out on.
  15. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Very nice, Obiwan.