Pava #69

1. Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    Took some quick pictures. Put them in the Pava group pictures. I was not expecting how rich, deep and beautiful the Satin Brown finish would turn out. Cathy at Ellis had told me there was going be binding on the back. It's a nice touch. Along with the Allen tailpiece. I'm kinda blown away so far.

Have the rest of the week off. Hoping to record a sound clip when I get back from coast.

2. wmaness
    wmaness
    Wow! That's really nice looking.
    I'm sure it sounds good too and it will only get better.
    Enjoy, Wayne
  3. Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    Thx Wayne!

It sounds really nice to me. Well balanced low and highs with a sweet but dry tone. Just amazing how much easier it is to play than my first mandolin. Can't get enough!
  4. Arejay
    Arejay
    Mark - looks wonderful - the dark finish looks wonderful in satin - you just know the sound will be just as rich. You're gonna have lots of fun....
    all the best
    Arejay
  5. Arejay
    Arejay
    Just posted some pictures of Pava satin amber #42 on pava group site
    Arejay
  6. Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    Arejay - that satin amber with the ivory binding looks great. Nice pictures!

I see yours has the back binding and Allen tp as well. TBH I might have leaned toward the amber if I had seen better pictures. One picture on the net made it look orange. That finish requires the right lighting to translate correctly in pictures.

Would love to hear it! Enjoy
  7. wmaness
    wmaness
    Nice looking blonde there Arejay! Sweet!