To Know Him Is To Love Him

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is an instrumental cover version on mandolin, tenor guitar and mandocello of Phil Spector's first hit as both a songwriter and performer, a Number One in 1958 for his high school band The Teddy Bears. Since then it has been covered by just about everybody, from The Beatles to Steeleye Span, and was a Number One in the Country charts in 1987 for the Trio (Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt).

My version is from the same old sheet music book of rock & roll standards as my recent recordings of Sea Of Heartbreak and Save The Last Dance For Me. I think it's really a lot of fun on mandolin, and pretty straightforward once one latches onto the 12/8 rhythm.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

[MP3=1]http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117766&d=1396809406[/MP3]

Martin
  2. Obiwan
    Obiwan
    Martin that was great and I happen to love comic book art. I played a mandocello for the first time this weekend. It definitely played diferent then I imagined it, but it was cool.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is another old recording I have now revisited. Same source of the transcription as my previous version in 2014: my old copy of "101 Rock'n'Roll Hits for Buskers".

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I can almost remember the words to this song..enjoyed it very much.