Week #9 Poll

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I am going to continue using the week #7 poll for week #9. We've had 36 voters. If you haven't yet voted in this poll, here is the link. Don't vote for Big Sciota or Cold Frosty Morning. Right now, it looks like Salt Creek will be next weeks tune, unless we get some more voters for a different tune. I'm in Texas now, and am going to be babysitting for 2 toddlers for almost a week! I will try to keep up on what's happening here in the social group!
  2. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Hmm - the poll tells me I've already voted!? Whatever happened to "vote early and often..."?
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    That was before we figured out how this polling thing works that we have available to us. Each person just gets one vote. Since I made this poll up of tunes that were suggested when we first started using the polling function, I figured that if each member who cared to vote, voted, and we used the poll for several weeks, we would eventually get around a tune that each person voted for. If we use a different poll every week, and each week it was 'majority wins', then, you may NEVER get your tune to come around. Hope this makes sense to ya'll!
  4. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    If we're not doing "majority wins" and everyone's tune gets a chance, then there's no point in having a poll, the names should just be pulled out of a hat.
  5. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Same as pulling out of a hat? I would suggest not exactly -- because the poll gets everyone's (those who vote) FIRST preferences ranked across the group.

I'm not sure if that IS more democratic but if feels more democratic!

So we eventually get to the first choice tune of everyone who voted? Hooray!

So it seems like a good way to try anyway -- less admin attention needed too?
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I don't think I really understand, but that's not unusual for me. As long as it makes sense to someone, I'll just keep on pickin.
  7. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Me too!
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm thinking that we started out with 10 tunes, which were suggested by the membership. The membership continues to grow. I think we'll use this poll till we've done 5 of the tunes, and then I'll make a new poll, with the remaining tunes not used, plus 5 more. When it comes to that time, I'll send out a request for additional tunes to be included on the poll.
  9. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Salt Creek will be a great choice. Yet another must-know tune that I don't know -- yet! I wonder if it's any hotter in Texas than it is this week in Iowegia? It was an unpleasant change to come back from the mountains to 100 degrees and high humidity. But, of course, it is good for the tomatoes.
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Oh my, it IS hot in Texas. Today while driving, the thermometer on my car said it was 109 outside! Then, here rolls in a violent thunderstorm... lightning striking ALL around.... temp drops to 79! The kind of weather that spawns tornadoes!
  11. Eddie Sheehy
    Variety is the spice of life, Barbara. Looks like Liberty is tying Salt Creek.... COME ON LIBERTY!
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, we must have more 'lookers' than we have people who are going to try to learn the tune of the week... we have 37 votes registered so far! If you haven't already voted, and you wish to, please do so! I'll announce the tune tomorrow, somewhere in the mid day (possibly mid morning). It looks now that Salt Creek & Liberty will be this week's and next week's tunes.... the order remains to be seen! I don't know Salt Creek, and do know Liberty, but don't play it that well!
  13. kitsilanogal
    kitsilanogal
    I'm new....I will go and try to find the poll. I am easy on whatever is chosen.
  14. billkilpatrick
    shirley - look for a highlighted "here" (in blue) in barbara's post at the beginning of this poll #9 thread and click on it to find the poll.

glad you're here ... but you've got to catch-up on some homework ...