Giacomels in the Classifieds

1. Dotneck
    Dotneck
    There are qyuite a few Giocomel replicas in the classified section. Has anyone played one? I'd like to try one...
  2. tkdboyd
    tkdboyd
    I have one. They have a unique voice, I have only had flatwound on mine. Has a good sound for classical and Jazz. For the money I am of the opinion that you can easily find a better all around mandolin than the DGM1, but if you are interested in a different sound or like the collectable/Dawg association, then I doubt you'll go wrong.
  3. Dotneck
    Dotneck
    Finally got one. Traded a guitar for a DG1. Came with a bunch of trouble. Got to me essentially unplayable above the third fret. It had a big hump in the fretboard at the neck joint. Had a local luthier pull the frets, plane the fret board and install new (bigger) frets. Wasn't happy to have to do all that work...and the mando was gone for about three months.

Got it back a few days ago and it is now sweet! Plays great and has a unique voice. I'm happy. I may want to save some money and have the same frets installed on my two pointed (MD-904).