colored aristocracy

1. billkilpatrick
    ... jaunty little tune from the new lost city ramblers - early years album. they do it in "G"; this is in "D:"

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bill, great rendition~ I play this tune too! Will have to try to figure out some time to video it here... I'm on 'vacation' right now!
  3. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Bill that is a pretty niffity version of Colored Aristocracy -- I used to play the tune also and I tried to drag out my version -- it came out with a little rust. I play it in in the key of G which --as you note --is the usual way its played.

4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bernie, that was nice! I especially like the 'old time' effect of the squeaky chair!
  5. KyleBerry
    KyleBerry
    Nice Bernie! We are going to have to get together and jam since we're not that far away.
  6. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Barbara -- thanks I finally got into edit by right clicking -- and going through a window control box -- go figure. But thanks for the help and the comment.
    Its surely a fun tune but it would have been nice to have remembered to tune up first -- oh well.

Kyle -- sounds like a winner of an idea -- I can't remember where you are at but Tracy has been talking about getting the Ohio pickers togather someplace!
  7. KyleBerry
    KyleBerry
    Bernie, Tracy and I are both in Eaton, Preble County. And I am at my dads in Fairfield every couple weeks.