Fogarty's cove

1. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I recorded this (Stan Rogers) folktune last week. I struggled a bit with finding a good mandolinbreak but I think it worked well. It's a lot of fun to mix such songs at home. My wife did the backingvocals and used some spoons from the kichendrawer..

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    That was lovely!!!
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Wonderfully pleasant experience, Hendrik. And I am hearing a faint hint at Andy Irvine in your voice. Those were a nifty pair of spoons in the back!
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Very enjoyable rendering, Hendrik. Great balance and a neat break on the mando. It's great when you can get spoons that play in the right key too!
  5. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    This is a great one, Hendrik and Ina! That mandolin break is excellent. And the spoons do add a
    lot. What a fun sound and pleasant blend.
  6. Steve Cantrell
    Steve Cantrell
    Listened to that twice. You two have an excellent harmony together, and love your clean tone. Mine is generally a mess.
  7. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    That was wonderful!! Beautiful harmony, great mando break. Stan Rogers is an old favourite of mine. I'll have to dig out my old LPs and give them another listen.
  8. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Thanks for all the kind compliments... The original from Stan Rogers is a bit different, I changed the chords and the timing in the refrain a bit.