buzzing

1. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    I have noticed some buzzing on the G string above the fifth fret. Not terrible but annoying. I just sent an email to the Mandolin Store to see what they suggest. Otherwise I am still very pleased.
  2. 300win
    300win
    Greg could be nothing more then a fret thats a little loose, or high.
  3. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    I am going to raise the bridge up slightly un der the G string and see if that fixes it.
  4. 300win
    300win
    Greg that might do it. Was the action really low when you got it ?
  5. Bluegrassrules
    Bluegrassrules
    I would almost bet the bridge adjustment wheel has spun down a bit, happened on my Eastman when I first got it heard buzzing and looked down to see I had managed to spin the wheel all the way down. Greg do you know how I could post a picture of the Jam Master for the social group?
    Cheers, Brian
  6. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    Hi Brian looks like you figured it out. I adjusted the bridge. At the point where the buzzing diminishes the action is way too high. The Mando store has offered to take a look if I send it back. Seems kind of drastic for the minor buzzing but for the $ I want no buzzing. Otherwise this instrument sounds better daily. Rings like a bell and barks like a dog.
  7. 300win
    300win
    How close do you have that bridge cranked down Greg ? Do you mean after you note the G at the 5th fret the action is too high ?
  8. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    In order to get the buzzing to significantly diminish it is well past 1/8 inch on the 12th fret. It is one of those really tough decisions. Do I send it back for adjustment and look like I am really picky or naive or hold onto it and be less than 100% satisfied. It is a minor buzzing but my $200.00 Kentucky doesn't buzz at all so...
  9. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    Well i send it back or take it some where good that is around you. You may have to drive a couple hours but it is worth it
  10. 300win
    300win
    Greg did you get that buzz eliminated ?
  11. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    Yeah long story but I think it was basically my inexperience with large frets.