photo

1. Marty Henrickson
    Marty Henrickson
    I'll dig around and try to find a good pic for the board when I get a chance. I want something representative of the state. I almost put a pic from the Tony Rice Unit show I saw last year @ Acoustic Cafe, but Tony was the focus of most of the shots. Josh Williams played some good stuff in that show on mando, though.
  2. Phillip Tigue
    Phillip Tigue
    What about a picture of Hersechel Sizemore...good old Alabamian?
  3. Marty Henrickson
    Marty Henrickson
    Hmm, I wonder if I can farm this out. I have a tough time uploading pics with my fiendishly slow dialup connection. One of the joys of country living.
  4. Marty Henrickson
    Marty Henrickson
    PS - I'd be satisfied with a simple pic of a mandolin superimposed over the Alabama state flag. Actually, if ANYONE can upload something, it's cool with me whatever it is - within reason, of course.
  5. Charles Andre
    Charles Andre
    I kind of like the Yellow Hammer picture. It reminds me of Alabama football games and Gallette's. Either that or a picture of Nick Saban playing a mandolin. What do you guys think? LOL
  6. Phillip Tigue
    Phillip Tigue
    you should have aubie and big al playing a duet!
  7. Charles Andre
    Charles Andre
    You are right Phillip. That would be politically correct in Alabama.
  8. Phillip Tigue
    Phillip Tigue
    not prezactly...aubie is playing the Dudenbostel. Big Al should play the Rogue.
  9. Marty Henrickson
    Marty Henrickson
    Okay.....getting ready to delete the yellowhammer
  10. CoMando
    CoMando
    May I suggest...

11. Phillip Tigue
    Phillip Tigue
    Love it!

Hey...can I get more info on that mando?
  12. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    That looks exactly like the Morgan Monroe my friend just bought. With the exception of the "Alabama" on the headstock of course. And yes, Very cool pic.
  13. Marty Henrickson
    Marty Henrickson
    Nice! Was that photoshopped, or is that the actual inlay? It looks real......
  14. CoMando
    CoMando
    It's real, (at least I didn't do the photoshopping) but I don't know anything about them. I was looking for a picture and googled "Alabama Mandolins" or something like that. It shouldn't be hard to find something if it is even a production mandolin. It may have been a one-off or custom job, ????