Hello, and how does it work, etc:)

1. Susanne
    Susanne
    Hi all!

It's GREAT to see a tune of the week-group revived on the cafe!!!! There was one years ago, and it was actually that tune project that got me started for real with playing the mandolin. I've missed it, but luckily met a man who was also interested in playing music, so I have continued playing and improved quite a bit since those years, but I miss the fun of the tune project!!

Can I just start picking and recording and add my stuff to old posts? Which week is now? What day does the week start in this project (maybe this doesn't matter, but just to try to stay organized)? Are there polls?

I can't wait to get started with y'all!! I'm going to work soon (work nights) but will do a little something tomorrow!

Take care
    Susi
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Welcome, Susi! The tune of the week is usually announced mid day on Friday. We are currently working on Week #10. However, there are no rules (just suggestions!) here. You can participate in whichever discussions you'd like. We also have a huge selection of 'other tunes'. Any time you want to add your video to any of the existing tunes, please do! Also, if you have a tune you'd like to submit, that hasn't already been covered, just start a new discussion, put the name of the tune in the title, and submit. The way to embed your you tube video directly into the discussion... if you are adding to one already in progress, make sure you use the 'post reply' rather than the 'quick reply' as it has more options. After you make your video, and upload it to You Tube, and it's ready to view, go to your youtube video, and find the box that says 'embed' and copy that code. Then, go to the discussion, post reply, write what you want, then click the 'tube' icon at the top of the discussion panel. Paste the code you copied from your video, into the box that opens, then click OK. I usually 'preview' before posting, to make sure it looks like I want it!

I have also made several 'table of contents' discussions... you can click on the links within the table of contents, and it will open a new page with that discussion in it.

As far as polls go, I will create a new poll every few weeks (we're due for one this week) with the tunes suggested by the membership, for voting on. I let the poll go for a few weeks, so that we eventually come around to most of the tunes that our membership wants!
  3. Susanne
    Susanne
    Thanks Barbara!!! I'll see what I can come up with after some sleep tomorrow!