Old Time Mandolin Music - Stealin'

1. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Had a great time reconnecting with Paul Lucas, a friend I've not seen in almost 20 years. It's always so great not to see someone for a time and be able to pick up, seemingly, right where you left off!

Some of you may know Paul, aka: MandoKatt, as he's a member of some of the other Social Groups on Mandolin Cafe. He's a fine mandolin and guitar picker, a good signer, and also an avid fan and student of Old Time Mandolin Music. He's got a great website that pretty well completely covers the subject. You can find it at http://www.mandolinradio.com/.

I'll let the video speak of the fun we had the other afternoon. Paul has a nice arrangement of Gus Cannon's, Stealin'. It was a great time pickin' it together! I hope y'all enjoy it.

2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's excellent Joe. I didn't know you were such a great MC too.
  3. DavidHowell
    DavidHowell
    Haha, this video is really fun. Nice job
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Joe, I gotta say, this is one of my favorite videos so far! Getting to reconnect with old friends is always so much fun, and it was obvious, ya'll were having a GREAT time! Fun blues, great picking and singing... and did I mention..... KNEES! If I didn't know better, I'd think you guys were having a best looking knees contest here on the social group!
  5. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Thanks for your kind words, y'all.

Y'know, I've got to remember that about you, Barb. You might be the cause for the name of Paul and my musical association...the Bees Knees or somethin' like that!
  6. Susanne
    Susanne
    I don't know if I would call that typical oldtimey sound, but it's COOL. I love that sort of music on the mandolin.
  7. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    You're right on both counts, Susi!
  8. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Joe,
    I wholeheartedly agree with all the comments before mine! That looked so fun!! Great rendition of the song and the video really captures the fun you guys had after not hanging out for so many years! Thanks for sharing!
  9. Bernie Daniel
    Bernie Daniel
    Joe -- what a fantastic video and fun time session. Loved your break and there is nothing wrong with the sound of your mandolin either!