Hi all

1. Mark Hawkins
    Mark Hawkins
    Thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to the group. I'll begin by saying that you all are better players than I, so you've got that going for you! I'm lucky enough to live near Elderly where I purchased an Eastman 305 as an early Christmas present for myself in November but not lucky enough to have won the Powerball last month!

Most of what I've learned so far I've gotten from Mandolessons.com & various Youtube channels. I'm considering enrolling on Artistworks for Mike Marshall's course as I seem to pick things up better by ear or video than from books I've purchased. I'm a Trucker so my schedule doesn't really allow for traditional instruction. I'm so very thankful for the technology available for learning such an age-old and beautiful sounding instrument and the irony is not lost on me!

I'm curious if any of you are planning on attending the Dr.Banjo jam camp in Jackson May 6-8th? Or if any have attended one of their prior camps? Thoughts? Here's the link:
    http://www.drbanjo.com/camps-maggie-...ckson-2016.php
  2. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    Welcome, I haven't attended, but I have known Maggie since the 70's. Her and I started playing bluegrass about the same time. She's a great lady and a great teacher. I think it would be worth your time if you can make it. She would also know of any Jams in that area as well.
    Good luck and Happy learning, it never ends!!!!!!!!