Police Dog Blues

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Well, here's the Blind Blake classic Police Dog Blues reworked in a more bluegrass style. It's played on a Simon & Patrick guitar, a Kentucky mandolin, and me on vocal. I've got a bunch of bluegrass shows coming up this summer at a local market night and this'll be one of 'em we'll play.

2. woodenfingers
    woodenfingers
    Wow Michael, that is just fabulous. Just love your blues playing.
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    When I saw the shoes at 2:00 I wondered if there's money in them
    There's another deja-vu in my head: have you considered doing "Going up the Country" by Canned Heat? I bet it would be a stronger version than their original.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Another great blues performance, Michael! You get such a great, old-timey sound and the breaks are always really well done.
  5. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    That sounds fabulous Michael.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Verrry nice!!
  7. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    Michael,

Just great! Tonight I made two recordings, one for Angeline and the Police Dog Blues. Didn't realize the SAW had a Police Dog thread. So, I offer the following:

Hope you all enjoy my amateur video!

f-d
  8. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    fatt-dad, that's a really great version of this old Blind Blake tune. Your vocals are just super and the tone from that guitar is terrific too! Well done!

This is another version of the Police Dog Blues which I recorded around 2007. I play guitar and sing and my good friend in on bass. This is how it sounded one evening in my living room when I set up the recorder. Hope you get a kick out of it!

9. fatt-dad
    fatt-dad
    Michael, the duet is great! Heck of a bass player! You certainly know the complicated notes to the song on your guitar too! I'll get there. . . For me it's just fun to sing! I do run it a bit slow though. Thanks for the kind words. And, yes I love my guitar! Father in law (rip) gave it to me over 25 years ago.

f-d
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Wow, guys! Some great playing and singing, Michael and papa gordo. Made my morning!
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Such a cool song and of course really well played Michael!
    Anyone know if fatt-dad’s vid is still up there? I can’t see it.
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Still working on this one. Not sure what type of dog Ginny has?